Recovering from addiction is a difficult journey filled with many challenges. Finding help should not be one of those challenges. We understand that not everyone can easily access outpatient treatment, from work schedules to transportation challenges, to child care needs, and even health risks. Telemedicine is a way to get the care you need without having to travel or take extra time out of your schedule. No matter where you are, you should be able to receive effective treatment for your substance use disorder, mental health disorders, and more. That's why we've outlined everything you need to know about telehealth addiction treatment so you can reach recovery from the comfort of your home.
How Can Telehealth Help Me in Recovery?
Telehealth offers you the same quality of care you would receive in-person, with face-to-face appointments without leaving the comfort of your home. Whether you have children to take care of or are often traveling, you can still receive addiction treatment services. Some of the services you can receive from with are:
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment - With intensive outpatient services, our highly trained clinicians and therapists can provide individualized outpatient treatment four to five times per week. You will learn valuable addiction recovery skills and receive support for your physical and mental health.
- Outpatient Counseling Groups - With outpatient counseling groups, you will participate in group therapy sessions via tele-visits. These groups provide support and accountability as you work to overcome your addiction.
- Individual Sessions - In your individual sessions, you will have the chance to work one-on-one with your therapist. Gateway Rehab also provides access to a psychiatric nurse practitioner through tele-visits.
- Recovery Support Peer Program - When you receive telehealth, you could be eligible for peer-to-peer support from a certified recovery specialist. This provides you with a trusted resource to help you along your recovery journey. Speak to your therapist about program requirements.
- Case Management - Through telehealth you will have experts managing your treatment plan, giving you resources for community and social support, and following up with your care.
- Family Program - Those identified as your support system through this journey will also have virtual access to family programming. Once a week, therapists cover an important topic to support families and help to provide greater education on the disease of addiction and support recovery long-term.
- Medication Management - With medication management, you can receive an additional level of care from a physician. With Gateway Rehab, you have an option to receive clinically proven, safe, and effective medications in combination with behavioral therapies to assist with opioid or alcohol dependence.
With , you can experience the same comprehensive care you would if you were there in person. No matter what prevents you from making it to a physical appointment, you should be able to get quality care without barriers.
What Are The Benefits of Telehealth in Recovery?
- Get the care you need from the comfort of your home - You don't necessarily have to take time off work or leave your family to get the treatment you deserve.
- Work around your schedule - If you have a busy schedule, we can work with you to find a time that is more convenient for you to participate in treatment.
- Access care from anywhere - No matter where you are, as long as you have an internet connection, you can receive telehealth services.
- Feel comfortable and safe - You can feel comfortable and safe in your environment while receiving care.
- Still feel connected and valued - Forming a connection with your therapist and those in your recovery circle is crucial to working on your sobriety. With telehealth, you don't have to sacrifice the potential to form relationships with people. You can see your therapist and fellow participants face-to-face through video appointments to develop a valuable connection.
Patients find telehealth to be very convenient to access treatment without having to travel to a treatment provider or work through barriers to participate in treatment sessions. Treatment is most effective when participants can both see and hear one another through an audio-visual connection, and Gateway allows for those important connections. We use Zoom for Healthcare, an encrypted, HIPAA-compliant teleconferencing platform, to conduct telehealth sessions. If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, but cannot make it to a treatment provider, reach out to us at to reach a sustainable recovery through .
At , our priority is to guide patients toward a life of sustained recovery. Our team recognizes that not every patient shares the same path to sobriety, and that is why we customize treatment options that address each individual’s personal needs and goals. If you or a loved one are currently struggling with addiction, we are here to help. your first appointment with one of our today or call 1-800-472-1177 for more information.